Website Columbia Justice Lab
The Justice Lab is a new initiative that aims to advance a community-centered future for justice. As the Lab grows, the Program Coordinator will assist in the creation and implementation of systems — built from the ground up — to facilitate seamless Lab functioning.
***Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to be considered for this role.***
• Under the direction of the Project Manager, create systems and processes to facilitate lab-wide functioning, including systems to track expenses, manage employee effort levels, monitor budgets, and assess progress toward the mission. Deliverables include templates, trackers, spreadsheets and troubleshooting documents.
• Assist in conceptualizing and developing financial operations that service diverse internal and external stakeholders, and implement new systems.
• Collaborate with the project leads to problem solve and streamline tracking and evaluation systems after implementation.
Human Resources (25%)
• Assist in the creation of processes to onboard new staff and operationalize the onboarding process at a time when the Lab is growing significantly.
• Serve as the point person for finalizing new hires, including orientation and administrative setup. Liaise with ISERP/CSSW to facilitate new hires.
• Enhance organizational cohesion by working with the Project Manager to develop training, coordinate meetings, conceptualize Brown Bag series, and organize Lab retreats.
• Manage systems (Google Drive, Dropbox) to organize and consolidate digital files.
• Manage office needs including office supplies, IT system troubleshooting and other office functions as needed.
• Support in identifying and securing space and resources for lab teams as the Lab grows, by drafting memos and researching options based on Lab budget.
Program Development (10%)
• Assist Project Manager and Director of Strategy in shaping the Lab’s long-term strategy. Under the guidance of Project Manager, draft strategy memos, project plans, and project proposals.
• Manage the Justice Lab website using a basic CMS system and contribute to the redesign of the website under the supervision of the Project Manager.
• Manage requests to Co-Director when escalated up from Lab Administrative Assistant.
Other duties as assigned. (10%)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (business administration, public administration, human resources, or a related field) preferred.
- Prior financial, grants and/or foundation related experience preferred.
- Prior experience working in an institute of higher education.
- Knowledge of expense tracking, budget management, grants management.
- Knowledge and/or interest in criminal/juvenile justice environments and principles.
- Must be highly proficient with computer applications. Experience working with Word, Excel, project management and other database applications is essential.
- Strong analytical skills needed.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented and possess financial management and budget experience.
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills, particularly in an environment with multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
To apply for this job please visit opportunities.columbia.edu.