Website John Jay College Prisoner Reentry Institute
About the Prisoner Reentry Institute
The Prisoner Reentry Institute (PRI) is one of twelve institutes that collectively comprise the Research Consortium of the John Jay College of Criminal Justice. PRI’s diversified portfolio reflects an overall focus on understanding what it takes for people to live successfully in their communities after contact with the criminal justice system, and on increasing the effectiveness of the professionals and systems that work with them. To learn more about PRI’s work, please visit www.johnjaypri.org.
The ideal candidate will have experience in data collection, data entry, data management, analysis, and reporting; and a strong understanding of how decision-making is supported by timely and reliable data. S/he also will be expected to collaborate effectively with a range of stakeholders, and will be knowledgeable about metrics and analytics in higher education and corrections. Candidates will:
- Work with the Deputy Director of Programs to oversee the development, and implementation of a new Salesforce database that supports programs across PRI;
- Work with Salesforce consultants to oversee data migration from excel spreadsheets to Salesforce database;
- Provide one-on-on and departmental training to teach staff across the organization to use the new Salesforce system;
- Monitor database use, to ensure consistency and quality of data input;
- Liaise with Salesforce consultants to modify database design as organizational needs emerge;
- Develop reports for leadership and program teams and for external stakeholders including funders;
- Work with teams to analyze data findings to support continuous quality program improvements;
- Communicate report findings to program staff through trainings and presentations;
- Work closely with PRI staff to develop data collection forms including applications, intake and assessment forms, service delivery forms, and evaluation/feedback forms as needed for all programs and events
- Update and maintain a Salesforce database of contact info and other information on fellows and alumni.
- Perform timekeeping functions and manage expense reports.
- Participate in program planning;
- Collaborate with Administrative staff by supplying statistics for grant reports, proposals, newsletters, events, and PRI’s website
- Supervise part-time data entry staff member as appropriate
- Update and maintain a Salesforce database of contact info
- Perform timekeeping functions and manage expense reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in educational or social science research or related fields
- At least two years of experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience creating data files and managing, cleaning, merging, and analyzing data
- Demonstrated experience managing data using Excel and analyzing data using R, SPSS, or SAS
- A demonstrated commitment to building and maintaining strong working relationships among diverse stakeholders;
- Strong communications skills including superior writing ability;
- Excellent computer skills (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint);
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
To apply for this job please visit www.rfcuny.org.