Website Center for Reproductive Rights
Job Title: Department Coordinator, Communications & Marketing
Department: Communications & Marketing
Center Background: The Center for Reproductive Rights (the Center) is the premier global litigation and legal policy organization using the power of law to advance reproductive rights as fundamental human rights around the world. Headquartered in New York City, the non-profit, non-partisan organization has regional offices in Bogota, Geneva, Kathmandu, Nairobi, and Washington, DC; a staff of approximately 200 diverse professionals; an annual budget of approximately $40 million with an additional $22 million in donated services from leading law firms around the globe.
The Center’s game-changing litigation and advocacy work, combined with its unparalleled expertise in constitutional, comparative, and international human rights law, have transformed how reproductive rights are understood by courts, governments, and human rights bodies worldwide. It has played a key role in securing landmark legal victories in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, and the United States on issues including access to life-saving obstetrics care, contraception, safe abortion services, and comprehensive sexuality information, as well as the prevention of forced sterilization and child marriage. It has brought groundbreaking cases before national courts, U.N. Committees, and regional human rights bodies, led the development of historic, proactive legislation advancing robust protections for reproductive rights, and has built the legal capacity of women’s rights advocates in more than 60 countries.
To learn more about the Center for Reproductive Rights, go to www.reproductiverights.org.
The Role: The Department Coordinator, Communications reports to the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer and provides administrative support to the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer (CMCO) and the Deputy Director. The Department Coordinator develops key administrative systems and processes for increased efficiency within the Office of the CMCO, including calendar and meeting management, research and preparation of presentations and materials, and drafting communications on behalf of the CMCO, among other responsibilities. In addition, the Department Coordinator interfaces with staff across the Center—particularly with other department coordinators—in a collaborative approach to deliver on cross-organizational initiatives and engage in continuous improvement processes.
This position will be based in New York, NY.
- Provide administrative support to the CMCO and the Deputy Director, including calendar management systems and processes, meeting logistics, and travel and expense reimbursements.
- Support the CMCO to prepare for meetings through materials and presentation preparations, and through drafting communications to internal and external stakeholders.
- Staff meetings, including scheduling, materials preparation, recording minutes, and follow up on action items as needed.
- Maintain a high-level understanding of Communications initiatives and timelines
- Conduct market and Communications-related research.
- Support the management of the department budget and annual work planning processes for Communications Department.
- Serve as a positive and collaborative liaison across the organization, and work across departments with other coordinators to facilitate and contribute to improved cross-organizational systems and processes.
- Engage with Board-related meetings as needed.
- Other tasks and special projects as assigned.
- Strong commitment to the Center’s mission, vision, and values.
- 5+ years’ experience: Interest and experience in administrative work.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel,) required. Familiarity with Concur, SharePoint, Skype, PowerPlan, Asana, Slack a plus.
- A self-starter with superior organizational skills with steadfast attention to detail.
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain a calm, professional demeanor when working within strict deadlines and regularly shifting priorities.
- Project management skills and experience for planning, implementing, and reporting – and ability to hold others accountable to meeting deadlines.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Technological savvy and eagerness to learn new platforms.
- Sense of humor.
- Strategic thinking: Applies big-picture thinking while also focusing on the details of implementation.
- Decisiveness: Consistently makes sound decisions in a timely manner supportive of the Center’s mission, core values, and strategic objectives. Blends vision and judgment.
- Collaboration: Brings a track record of working effectively with various and diverse individuals and groups, and a willingness to actively listen and invite different views and opinions across all levels of the institution to build alignment in support of a common goal.
- Receives and Provides Direct Feedback: Actively gives and requests feedback to and from peers, supervisors and direct reports (If applicable) about work products, behaviors, values, style and approaches with a view on how this impacts self, other individuals and teams.
- Transparency: Consistently applies openness and honesty in communicating decisions and plans to team members.
- Commitment to learn: Applies a growth mentality to their own and their team’s (if applicable) development. Promotes a culture of learning by modeling inquisitiveness and an openness to viewing mistakes as an opportunity to learn and improve.
- Passion for Coaching, and Mentoring Staff: Empowers and motivates employees and creates opportunities for learning, development, and leadership, with a focus on harnessing skills for the future development of team members. (if applicable)
- Accountability: Follows through on each commitment made to individual contributors, teams and partners and proactively informs others of any delays that occur along the way. Holds team members accountable.
- Integrity: Possesses impeccable integrity and personal and professional values that are consistent with the Center’s high standards and mission.
- Empathy: Serves as an empathetic, approachable leader who engenders trust and confidence. (if applicable)
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Demonstrates comfort with ambiguity and calculated risk
Compensation: The salary for this role is $60,000 per year and is an Exempt position. The Center also offers a comprehensive benefits program and generous PTO offering.
How to Apply: Please complete the application below to apply. A cover letter and resume must be included in your application. Please include these application materials as attachments.
Deadline for applications: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The Center for Reproductive Rights is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring, and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage people from all groups and communities to apply.
Please note that all genuine Center openings must be applied through the Center website. The Center does not charge a fee at any stage in the recruitment process (application, interviews, or selection). Nor does it request any medical examinations or bank account inform as part of this process. If someone contacts you on behalf of the Center requesting payment for your application please notify firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action.
To apply for this job please visit reproductiverights.org.